THINGS TO KNOW AND WHAT TO DO
TRAVELING TO CAT ISLAND
- The airport in Arthur’s Town is currently closed. All flights will land in New Bright, Cat Island.
- WESTERN AIR fly into New Bright Cat Island
- SILVER AIRWAYS fly into New Bright, Cat Island from Nassau.
- WATERMAKERS AIR provides scheduled and private charters to New Bright, Cat Island
- Passports are required for U.S citizens to travel
- Please see www.bahamas.com/entry-requirements for visa requirements.
CURRENCY USED IN THE BAHAMAS
TRANSPORTATION ON THE ISLAND
- Taxis are available as a form of transportation.
- Car rentals available
- Drive on the left side
GROCERY STORES IN CAT ISLAND
- Alvernia Food Store
- New Bright Food Market
- Orange Creek Grocery and Laundromat
WHAT TO BRING
- Bug spray
WHAT TO DO
- Visit Historic sites:-
- Mt. Alvernia (The Bahamas' Mountain)
- Deveaux's Plantation
- The Healing Pond
- Mermaid's Hole
- The Bat Cave
ACTIVITIES ON SITE
- Long walks
- Island Tours are available
- Ask us about Personal Massages.
Ask us about a Boat fishing Trip - we can assist you in booking one.
Flats Fishing- do it yourself at a site within walking distance of the resort or with a paid guide.
There is a small fee associated with flats fishing, please complete the below and send to us and we will facilitate getting the approval. You can pay when you arrive.
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
- Rake and Scrape Festival: takes place during the Labour Day holiday which is the first weekend in the month of June. There is also a lively “battle of the bands” contest between different Rake and Scrape groups. There are numerous food and straw vendors in attendance.
- Regatta: takes place during the first weekend in August, which is Emancipation Day weekend. This festival is full of energy. It is also a homecoming for many Cat Islanders as they travel back home from all over the world and come together to celebrate. It takes place at the Regatta Beach Venue in New Bright.
- Regatta Beach Fish Fry: the fish fry is located near Queen’s Highway and runs along the downtown area. You will see many brightly colored shacks that serve Bahamian Cuisine and drinks. You can find locals here mainly on Friday and Saturday nights enjoying food, drinks and music.